Rev. Fr. Ajang Eulogies Gov. Lalong On Elevation As Bishop On His Birthday.





 Father David Ajang, Chaplain of Government House Chapel, jos has confirmed to The Age Newspaper his elevation to the positition of a Bishop.

 When the news of his appointment filtered the air TheAg in company of some Publishers of PPA visited him for confirmation the priest said  "yes, the Holy Father, Pope Francis has appointed me as the second Bishop of the  diocese of Lafiya, the first Bishop is the present  Bishop of the Arch Diocese of Jos Matthew Ishaya Audu he started the Arch Diocese about 20 years ago and today the Holy Father named me as his successor. That was officially published  in line with Catholic practices. It was published by the Pope himself 12  o'clock local time there which happens to be 11 o'clock here,  what they do after the Pope has announced it himself the others could go on air and that is when it was made public here. So it is true that I have been made the next Bishop of Lafiya"


Ajang's appointment which coincided with his 51st birthday attributed his life story to the grace of God. "Begining with my personal life, it has been the grace of God, today  happens to be my 51st birthday. "my life has been characterized by grace and apart from that I have remained healthy, part of it will be because I play sports too but there are a lot of people who play sports but are not healthy but I play sports and remain healthy so the grace of God has seen me through and I remain  very healthy for 51 years of my life; but as far as the spiritual journey is concerned too the same grace has led me through. You know I have always seen myself as a local boy who is coming from nowhere and who has been sustained by the grace of God. Mine has been the desire to always know God and an attempt to always follow with the best of my ability and these abilities sometimes fails me, you know I have not remained faithful all times like all of us have our weak moments but I have tried to even after I have failed Him i try to re-trace my path and then try to do things right. So I think my life both of life and the spiritual realm has been characterized by grace"



While listing some of the poaitions he has held before his elevation Ajang disclosed that by December 2021 he will be 27 years as a priest and within the 27 years of priesthood he has held quite a number of positions some very little and some very exalted. He has worked at different locations. He  started  his ministry from Gombe, after Gombe, now is Gombe State then it was in Bauchi State and all of it was under Jos diocese, now , but now they are under Bauchi. He started from Gombe in 1994 after he was ordained and in 1995 September he was sent to Nasarawa Egon which is in the present Nasarawa State and that was his first official function in the state and it was a happy home coming for him because even though its a long time but  still maintain friendship with some people from that area, and in 1998 he was moved from there to St Theresa's church in Jos and then by 1999 Ihe came to CIC Zarmaganda, Jos, that was the second time he is coming to CIC,  he was in CIC in1999 and by 2001 he was made the administrator of Our Lady of Fatima Cathedral Jos, that's a very big church, at that time Im and he was the youngest person to ever be appointed to such a position.  He stayed there for about one year and 4 months, then was sent to Rome  to build his  capacity, while in Rome  he studied Philosophy. After his return he was sent to his alma mata, St Augustine Major Seminary, that is where he taught the priest in training and Ispent a period of 8 years after which he was sent to Martyrs Church of Uganda, Kuru in 2012 he  stayed there till 2018, it was in 2018 that he was re-posted to CIC Zarmaganda and in the cause of that period in 2015 he was appointed when the Rescue Administration came in on board  as the Chaplain of the Government House Chapel where he combined both responsibilities to date. He was the Chairman of the priests in the arch diocese of Jos for 4 years and when and when he  left that then he became the chairman of the priests of the province which is a bigger area. province of Jos covers Bauchi, Jalingo, Maiduguri, Yola, Shendam and Pankshine He is  presently the chairman of all the priests in all those areas and still the chairman of all the priests, he is equally  the Chaplain of the Knights of St Molumba.



On his working experience with Governor Lalong, Ajang stated that "  working with Governor Lalong has been a very pleasant experience. Maybe by the virtue of my position as a priest , you know he has utmost respect for religion and religious leaders , so we have never had any issues at all and he has been very very very respectful, and sometimes it even worries me how much respect he shows to men of God. So it has been really cordial and I couldn't have asked for a better principal than him , he has been a very 
great man and I enjoyed working with him" 



On his parting words to Plateau, : Ajang said " i don't know what I will say to Plateau State, except I will miss Plateau State. All my life I have been a  Plateau person, I grew up here in the city of Jos, in Nasarawa Gwom to be precise and I have worked with everybody, this is where my entire life has been so it is going to be a learning experience for me, but I just call on the people of Plateau State to always try their best and pray for their leaders. I don't know why I was made Bishop, maybe i will come to find out with time I appreciate the gesture" . He said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gov Mutfwang Unveils Multi Million Naira Ultra Modern Motor Park In Plateau

PLSG is Committed to Empowering Etrepreneurs in the State to Unplug Their Full Potential – Danladi Gyang

Plateau Ministerial Slot: Group Jostle for Rufus Bature as Lalong's Replacement