Opinion: Of Lalong's Failure And The Precarious Decision Of 2015




I take exception to the skewed mentality that only certain people or what is approved by them is the best for Plateau State.

Lalong might have failed, but I have no regrets nor apologies for supporting him against the hegemonic leadership about to be foisted on Plateau State that necessitated my supporting Lalong at that time.

What makes a man is his ability to take full responsibility for actions taken by him conscientiously without regrets, and learning from the mistakes observed in the decision taken.
His glaring failures notwithstanding, I shall support Lalong 1million times given the 2015 and 2019 circumstances. That Lalong has failed is no guarantee that the persons he defeated at the polls in 2015 and 2019 would do better.

When the same people supported Buhari in 2007, they told us Buhari was the best thing that would happen to Nigeria, but now they are telling us that Buhari is the worst thing to happen to Nigeria because he emerged without their support.
My level of exposure has surpassed that which will gauge my leaders' achievements and failures on the basis of some people's biases, sentiments and emotions.

The longest I can endure Lalong's failure is eight years, but what the emergence of GNS (may God repose his soul) would have spelt for leadership in Plateau State might last my tenth generation.

As a lawyer, I am disappointed in Lalong in very many ways; raging from professional to lack of leadership prowess, but I still believe his ineptitude is much less an impediment to the progress of Plateau State than the agenda we collectively defeated in 2015.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gov Mutfwang Unveils Multi Million Naira Ultra Modern Motor Park In Plateau

PLSG is Committed to Empowering Etrepreneurs in the State to Unplug Their Full Potential – Danladi Gyang

Plateau Ministerial Slot: Group Jostle for Rufus Bature as Lalong's Replacement