2023: Obasanjo Visits Abdusalami, speaks on Preferred Presidential Candidate



Former president, Olusegun Obasanjo, paid a visit to the former Head of State General Abdulsalami Abubakar, on Sunday, August 28, 2022, in Minna, Niger State.

Obasanjo arrived at Abdulsalam’s Uphill residence at 12.30pm and after greetings with Abdulsalam’s family, he had a closed-door meeting with Abdulsalam for over 30 minutes and left at 1.13 pm.

This is coming some days after returning from London where he met Labour Party’s presidential candidate, Peter Obi and other top politicians in the country.

While speaking on his visit to Abdusalami, Obasanjo stated that he traveled to Minna to see the former military ruler, who was ill.

“I came to see my brother who has been a little indisposed. When he was in London, I had wanted to visit him but the day I arrived in London was the day he left.

“So, that is why I decided to come and see him at home. He is very special and I am still strong to visit those who are special to me”, he said.

On his preferred candidate in the coming presidential elections, he said, “I don’t have a special candidate for the 2023 presidential election but rather, I have a national agenda.’’

Obasanjo also immediately after meeting with Abdulsalami Abubakar drove to General Ibrahim  Babangida’s residence where they also had another closed-door meeting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gov Mutfwang Unveils Multi Million Naira Ultra Modern Motor Park In Plateau

PLSG is Committed to Empowering Etrepreneurs in the State to Unplug Their Full Potential – Danladi Gyang

Plateau Ministerial Slot: Group Jostle for Rufus Bature as Lalong's Replacement